DevExpress Released AgDataGrid Beta 1
Yes, with me being a bit out of circulation last week I missed the fact that DevExpress has released Beta 1 of AgDataGrid for Silverlight!
To get it you have to register with DevExpress and they then send you an email describing how to get the download. If you are a DevExpress subsciber you just need to login with your Customer ID. Here is the blurp on AgDataGrid from the DevExpress website.
Available Free-of-Charge without any licensing or royalties from DevExpress
As the release of Silverlight draws near, DevExpress has invested the engineering resources needed to deliver a feature-rich grid control for Silverlight. Not just a "preview" of what is possible with Silverlight, the AgDataGrid Suite was developed to fully exploit the power and flexibility of the platform and will ship with the following features:
- Data Grouping against multiple Silverlight Grid columns
- Data Sorting against multiple Silverlight Grid columns
- Comprehensive Summary Computation support against multiple Silverlight Grid columns
- Column Movement
- Column Resizing
- Column Auto-Width
- Row Editing
- Row Preview (with animation)
- Template Support (for cell content, cell editing, row preview and headers)
- Auto Height Support for cells, headers, and totals.
- Virtual StackPanel Row Container (simply means we are able to handle an unlimited number of rows)
- Focused Row and Focused Cell
- Multi-Row Selection
- Cell Text Wrapping
- Vertical/Horizontal Lines
- Multiple column types/editors
Beyond the features we’ve listed above, the AgDataGrid will ship with the following capabilities:
- Smart UI Element Management
AgDataGrid implements a smart loading and re-organization of the grid's inner UI elements to provide smaller control load times and faster data operations.
- Designed for Future Performance Enhancements
Silverlight is all about client-side technology...But if client/server interaction will be implemented in future versions, our grid is ready to delegate data processing to the server side and thus boost application performance.
- Higher-Level abstractions
With our unique measurement routines you don't have to think in terms of pixels - which you do with the standard Silverlight grid. Just like other advanced controls for older platforms, you simply specify styles and fonts and all element sizes are automatically modified.
- Full Animation Support
It's hard to imagine any Silverlight control without compelling animation effects. Though the standard Microsoft Silverlight grid control's architecture doesn't support them, AgDataGrid fully supports animations for group row expansion, preview row display and other operations.
This is a petty cool control and it is free. Go and get it here.