Live Mesh Tech Preview Update
Just got an email telling me about the updates to Live Mesh.
I have included the main parts of the email here, but the important part is the limit of invitations have been lifted and if you live in the US, UK, Australia or New Zealand you can sign up directly without going on a waiting list.
The Live Mesh team is pleased to announce the release of our next update, available later today. We are making Live Mesh available to more people and we've greatly streamlined the sign-up process. We've also made a number of general performance improvements. See below for the details, and thank you for using Live Mesh.
· Live Mesh software: 0.9.3103.9
· Live Desktop: 0.9.3103.9
- Raised the limit on the total number of customers we'll allow to access the Live Mesh Tech Preview.
- Expanded availability: you can sign up directly, with no waiting list, if your country/region is the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand.
- Removed the limit on the number of Live Mesh invitations you have. Invite new friends and family members to the Live Mesh Tech Preview.
- For our customers in countries/regions other than those above, we've greatly simplified the waiting list process. You no longer need to sign up through Microsoft Connect. You can sign in with your Windows Live ID on www.mesh.com, click Sign Up, and you'll automatically be notified once Live Mesh is available in your country/region.
- Improved the performance of peer-to-peer synchronization.
- General performance improvements.
User Account Control (UAC) notice
If you're running Windows Vista and recently turned off UAC, you may have to turn on UAC to install this update. Please see the Live Mesh forums for further information.
Did you know?
You can install Live Mesh on multiple devices-then Live Mesh can keep all the folders in your mesh synchronized for you. To add a computer to your mesh, visit www.mesh.com from the computer you wish to add, sign in, and click Add Device on the Devices page.
To get even more from Live Mesh, share folders with friends and family. Simply open a folder you've added to Live Mesh, click Members in the mesh bar, and then click Add.* Your friends will be able to access your folder as well as install Live Mesh on their devices.
* You can enter any e-mail address to invite others to a folder; it doesn't have to be a Windows Live ID. However, they will need to use a Windows Live ID to sign in to and use Live Mesh.